View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:11 pm

tool to convert winols data to tunerpro? 

Post tool to convert winols data to tunerpro?
I have sorted out quite a lot of stuff in winOLS and I kind of like it more than I like tunerpro. However, I just got myself a moates ostrich II and I'd like to be able to use the work I've done in winOLS with that. Is there a tool or something that people have that can use the winOLS files, or exports, to import into tunerpro? Any hints on doing it manually in a semi-quick way?

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 pm
Banned user
Banned user

im just about to buy a ostrich 2 and im thinking the same thing, if you dont mind me asting what cars are you using it on, could you not just export the bin from winols and open it in tuner pro? ie make a mod in ols then fine tune with tuner pro?

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Post demo
You have winOLS demo in use? I don't think its possible to open properly those files in any other software, without some serious hacking...
Only way I can see is just gathering all data (addresses, map axis and such) and making setting files to tunerpro, it would be quite powerful software with that emulator if tracing could be used.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:42 pm
Banned user
Banned user

Post Re: demo
turbojuse wrote:
You have winOLS demo in use? I don't think its possible to open properly those files in any other software, without some serious hacking...
Only way I can see is just gathering all data (addresses, map axis and such) and making setting files to tunerpro, it would be quite powerful software with that emulator if tracing could be used.

can you not use tracing with the emulator? I was really hoping it had it hmm that messes up a few ideas

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 am

It's not about the bin file, that is easy. It's about all the maps I've found. I don't want to have to add them all manually to tunerpro again. winOLS can export CSV files and I was hoping there is some (semi)automated way to get these into tunerpro.

Currently tunerpro does not have tracing capability, but if you know the maps, the axis and the values, you can at least do real-time modifications on the road or on the bench.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 am

I'm using Tunerpro RT with the ostrich. I don't think you can find specific tool to convert ols files to Tunerpro files.

For tracing, :( unfortunetly It doesn't work with Tunerpro :( .

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 am

Hi

I'm using Tunerpro RT with the ostrich. I don't think you can find specific tool to convert ols files to Tunerpro files.

For tracing, :( unfortunetly It doesn't work with Tunerpro :( .

Too bad, I have to make something myself or just add the maps I want to modify manually.

I think that both the folks at moates and the folks at tunerpro know that they can make serious money if there will be a tracing solution available, so I'm expecting something will come up in the future.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:53 am

I also thought of buying Ostrich 2. It would be great for ecus with plcc32 for example.
Ecus with 29fx00 chip, propably (?) work at least part of the time with all 16 data lines, so ostrich cannot handle this.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Some news about tracing with an ostrich and Tunerpro ??

I will ask Mark Mansur ;)

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 am
- Pro Section -

Post i have a working .kp -> .xdf converter
but it only works on one version of .kp file

EVC likes messing constantly with the .kp format, so making a consistent converter is almost impossible.

java source code here:

svn co https://curtis.curtisfong.org/mesim/trunk/

mapdump is what does it.

e.g. mapdump -x -i image.bin image.kp > image.xdf

if people are interested in this, i coudl be convinced to extend it to as many different flavors of .kp as people are willing to donate to me.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:00 am
Profile WWW
- Pro Section -

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 am

Post Re: i have a working .kp -> .xdf converter
nyet wrote:
but it only works on one version of .kp file

EVC likes messing constantly with the .kp format, so making a consistent converter is almost impossible.

java source code here:

svn co https://curtis.curtisfong.org/mesim/trunk/

mapdump is what does it.

e.g. mapdump -x -i image.bin image.kp > image.xdf

if people are interested in this, i coudl be convinced to extend it to as many different flavors of .kp as people are willing to donate to me.

Would you give SVN access to me? read only will be fine. ;)

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 am
- Pro Section -

sorry if the code is a mess, its a combination of two different projects, one is a log grapher analyzer, the other is a .kp mappack parser/dumper

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

hmm should the xdf be OK to open after mapdump in tunerpro?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Ok I got it to work. Great stuff. What kind of donations youre looking for?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:53 pm