View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:00 pm

editing software winols vs swiftec vs ecm 

Post editing software winols vs swiftec vs ecm
Which editing software is the best for working on many different cars?
What are the actual differences of all 3, I suppose you can open a A2L in all of them?

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: editing software winols vs swiftec vs ecm
The best to work is winols but not easy for a beginner, swiftec very good for dpf, egr etc....
The new ecm drivers are good.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:57 pm
Profile E-mail
- Pro Section -

Post Re: editing software winols vs swiftec vs ecm
Right, the answer by default is WinOLS. Anything else you use should be treated as an addon to winols.

ECM I've heard have gotten better with drivers though you cant make your own map packs without buying extra software, so i think it should be treat more as a helper than an editor.

Swiftec, don't get me started. It had potential, and has some good time saving features, but its editor is actually quite useless from a usability point of view, and it doesn't support a lot of modern operating systems so its a lot of money to pay for constant 'this program needs to close' message boxes. I have also had trouble with their technical support reporting other bugs in the program, they do like to ignore me a lot and people who don't pay subs seem to get treat with contempt.

If you know someoone who can do things like EGR, DPF etc on cars you can't or don't know how to do yourself your money is best spent bribing them for help, for everything else WinOLS.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:21 pm
Profile WWW